Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Homemade Stuff


I've finally began making my own cleaners in the house and wanted to share my experience so far.
I made my own all-purpose cleaner using, 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1 tsp of borax, 1tsp of washing soda and 2 cups of water. I put it in a spray bottle and use it to clean my stove, on top of tables and mop my floor. I even tried it as a dish-washing liquid and it leaves my dishes clean. So far this has worked great for me. I have white tile floors in my kitchen and I mop every two days and it does a good job keeping my floor white. It is also gentle enough to use on my wood floors as well and I don't have to worry about my baby daughter crawling around on chemicals. I also started using diluted castile soap to wash my dishes. If my plates are extra greasy, I use a little of my all purpose cleaner to cut the grease.

I also made my first shampoo. I have not tried it yet but I will in a few days. Here is what it consists of:

2 cups of baby castile soap unscented, 1 cup of water, 1tbs of almond oil, 1 tbs of jojoba oil, 6 drops of rosemary EO, 6 drops of orange EO, 4 drops of lavander EO, and 1/2 tbs of olive oil. I shook everything up and put it in a glass squirt bottle. I may add some glycerin if I feel that it's not moisturizing enough. I'm not sure how long it will last but I made put this in the refrigerator just in case since I only wash twice a week.

On my skin I usually use a mix of raw shea butter and olive oil after I shower or I use plain extra virgin coconut oil.

To wash my face at night I use a liquid black soap or olive oil soap. I them massage almond oil or jojoba oil on my face. So far my skin is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment