Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why Ph balance is important!

I just finished watching this video on kimmaytube's channel on the hair structure (I know I may be late on this). It is very informative and has caused me to think about what I put in my hair. I encourage everyone to watch all of the four videos. She explains why the Ph balance of our hair and why it matters what we use on our hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3MC4d-HmY

I was surprised to here that baking soda is actually not as good for the hair and can actually harm the hair more than a commercial shampoo would. I have not tried baking soda yet but after watching this, I may not want to try that.
I knew that the Dr. Bronner's castile soap was pretty alkaline but I also dilute it with water and orange EO which I'm sure brings the Ph down. I wonder if adding aloe vera juice or apple cider vinegar to my castile wash would balance the alkalinity? I'll have to try that next time I wash my hair and I will post my thoughts on this later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment